Ji seeks an American-accented instructional designer who is also a graphic artist to design and create interactive learning experiences and games
Jewish Interactive (Ji) uses educational technology to create accessible, affordable and engaging Jewish education for any child, anywhere. We are the world leader in digital Jewish education ensuring that Judaic Studies remain inspiring and relevant for today’s generation of digital natives. Currently Ji reaches 500,000 children in over 50 countries around the world. We have offices in the US, UK, Israel and South Africa.
We are looking for an American-accented graphic designer (familiar with US culture and practices and ideally having lived in the US), to create engaging educational graphics for digital activities and games. Your graphics should capture the attention of children, teachers and families and communicate the right message and content. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design that suit children and families. The goal is to inspire, attract and motivate the target audience to play the game.
If you have the skills outlined above, can communicate well, and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to talk to you.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements for the content
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements and content
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Work with a team director to produce final design for digital games
- Amend designs after feedback
- Research educational content to be used in a game
- Script text to be used in a digital game
- Record your voice to be used in a digital game
- Create the interactive educational game (internally trained by Ji)
- Attend meetings with team
- Familiarity with American culture and practices, ideally having lived in the US
- American accent
- Proven graphic design experience
- Proven instructional design experience
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Illustrator, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Experience with education or a parent is a plus
- Living in Israel is a plus
To apply (or for further questions) please send CV, portfolio, and covering letter to: [email protected]
Ji is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.