Job Title: Ji Computing & Coding Coordinator
Annual Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Hours: Part Time (2.5 days)
Location: JHub, West Hampstead, London
Reporting to: CEO, Jewish Interactive
Jewish Interactive (Ji) uses educational technology to create accessible, affordable and engaging Jewish education for any child, anywhere.
OUR VISION is to provide universal access to quality Jewish learning.
OUR MISSION is to provide quality Jewish education for children at home, at school and in-between.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer high quality Jewish/Hebrew Ed-Tech training to teachers and children
- Embed Ji educational technology products in schools and homes
- Offer advice on computing, ICT infrastructure and procurement solutions
- Children first – we define impact by the positive change we effect in children’s lives
- Technology leaders – we embrace new technologies and are constantly curious about how to expand our offering
- Proudly Jewish – we believe in Jewish values and proudly promote our content accordingly
- Measurement matters – we acknowledge that although measuring impact is hard, it’s also very important, which is why we persist
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to lead and drive Ji’s STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Mathematics) programme of activities in the UK. This encompasses a wide range of projects with the aims of supporting UK Jewish schools in delivering the national computing curriculum, encouraging integration of Jewish educational content in STEAM teaching, working with current & new partners to support J-STEAM projects in the UK, and increasing awareness and knowledge of Ji services, including Ji Tap, through teaching, presenting and training initiatives. Your teaching experience will help you craft efficient and effective strategies to deliver a dynamic J-STEAM programme enabling an increasing number of Jewish students and teachers to engage in a meaningful way, leading to development in core skills and knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be creative, able to work effectively both on their own and within a team, have strong personal accountability for results and attention to detail, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and be comfortable operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure.
Responsibilities/Qualifications/Essential Job Functions
Reporting to the CEO, the Computing & Coding Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Creating and developing J-STEAM lesson series, plans and tutorials.
- Training teachers and running student workshops to help deliver the national computing curriculum in Jewish schools.
- Planning, coordinating and running coding activities for primary school aged students.
- Identifying and working with new partners in the UK with regards J-STEAM opportunities and collaboration.
- Maintaining Ji’s online J-STEAM web portal.
- Maintaining a knowledge of current EdTech hardware & software and developments within the industry. (eg Micro:bit, Scratch)
- Coordinating and running e-Safety sessions for students, teachers & parents.
- Supporting the Ji team and assisting with events including hackathons, tech days, conferences, training & fundraisers.
- Writing newsletters featuring e-safety & other related updates.
- Coordinating summer work experience programme for students placed at Ji.
- Communicating regularly with partners on developing trends in STEAM teaching methods.
- Running Ji Tap training & workshops in primary schools and cheders.
- Availability for occasional work on Sundays.
- Performing other job related duties consistent with status & experience.
Skills & Expertise
- 2 years’+ teaching experience (preferably within a Jewish school).
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with STEAM.
- Experience in initiating/leading STEAM subjects in Jewish day school sector (eg. coding, stop-motion, e-safety).
- Well organised, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission.
Please send covering letter and CV to: [email protected]
Subject line: Ji Computing & Coding Coordinator Role
Closing date for applications: Monday, 1 April, 2019