Ji seeks a vibrant director-level professional who is passionate about Jewish education and EdTech to expand the organization’s US presence as its first US Director. The position includes management and fundraising.
Jewish Interactive (Ji) uses educational technology to create accessible, affordable and engaging Jewish education for any child, anywhere. We are the world leader in digital Jewish education ensuring that Judaic Studies remain inspiring and relevant for today’s generation of digital natives. Currently Ji reaches 500,000 children in 50 countries around the world. We have offices in USA, UK, Israel and South Africa.
OUR VISION is to provide universal access to quality Jewish learning.
OUR MISSION is to provide quality Jewish education for children at home, at school and in-between.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer high quality Jewish/Hebrew EdTech training to teachers and children
- Embed Ji educational technology products in schools and homes
- Offer advice on computing, ICT infrastructure and procurement solutions
- Children first – we define impact by the positive change we effect in children’s lives
- Technology leaders – we embrace new technologies and are constantly curious about how to expand our offering
- Proudly Jewish – we believe in Jewish values and proudly promote our content accordingly
- Measurement matters – we acknowledge that although measuring impact is hard, it’s also very important, which is why we persist
The US Director will oversee and develop all US activity for Jewish Interactive (Ji) throughout the United States. The Director’s goal will be to increase Ji’s presence in Jewish communities, through day schools, synagogues, and other community organizations. The Director will also be actively involved in fundraising. The position reports to the global CEO based in the UK.
The role can be either remote or in an office setting, but the ideal candidate should be New York based.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing, cutting-edge non-profit, that has a global impact, then this is the job for you.
- Develop relationships at all levels of the Jewish Day School, synagogues, and supplementary school landscape
- Maintain current institutional relationships
- Engage Ji at leading EdTech and Jewish education conferences
- Oversee US staff (currently 3 positions) and growth strategy
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and potential funders, and actively raise funds towards US budget
- Flexible hours
- Frequent domestic travel, occasional travel to London
- Fundraising experience required – please outline this in CV or cover letter
- Excellent management skills
- Experience in Jewish education
- Experience with or knowledge of educational technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Extremely comfortable with technology and digital platforms
- Detail oriented
- Personable and outgoing, works well with staff team, board, and donors
- Experience with CRMs, Salesforce a plus
- Able to manage confidential information with integrity
To apply (or for further questions) please send CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Ji is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.