Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Start: July 2020
Type: Freelance, Remote
Jewish Interactive is seeking an experienced Senior Back-End Rust/Db Developer to work on an exciting new EdTech product development project.
Jewish Interactive (Ji) uses educational technology to create accessible, affordable and engaging Jewish education for any child, anywhere. We are the world leader in digital Jewish education ensuring that Judaic Studies remain inspiring and relevant for today’s generation of digital natives. Currently Ji reaches 500,000 children in over 50 countries around the world. We have offices in the US, UK, Israel and South Africa.
We are looking for a freelance experienced back-end Rust and database developer to take a senior role on an educational platform project that is in its early stages.
You will work on an exciting new EdTech product development project working closely with an expanding highly experienced global team. This role reports directly to the project tech lead.
If you have the skills outlined below, we’d love to talk to you.
- 5+ years of professional development
- 1+ years real-world Rust projects
- 1+ years Postgres
- Experience with Diesel, Sqlx or similar (including maintaining migrations)
- Experience with Warp a plus
- Available to work according to Israeli working hours (or near to)
- Impeccable people and communication skills (role entails working closely with a senior-level development team)
- Experience with remote and/or overseas teamwork (role involves weekly meetings & independent work)
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
To apply (or for further questions) please send CV, and covering letter to: [email protected]
Ji is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.