I recently lectured in London at the Department for Education conference on 21st Century learning environments and apps that could enhance lessons. I showed teachers how free apps like Puppet Pals and StoryKit can be downloaded free in seconds and can enhance Jewish studies lessons dramatically.
I have in mind Purim with Puppet Pals, and Hebrew literacy for StoryKit!
Look at the following links for more info:
Some teachers were reluctant and scared to try – but when they created a story in seconds – giggling as they tried – they soon changed their minds…
- 21st Century Learning @ The Davis Academy http://prezi.com/user/-xymdhu657gp/
- 21st Century Learning @ The Margolin Hebrew Academy https://sites.google.com/a/mhafyos.org/examples-of-21st-century-learning/
I have made a list of some key apps that are really useful in the classroom right now:
- www.ToonDoo.com – World’s fastest way to create cartoons!
- classdojo.com – Real time behaviour managment, online
- Googlios – a collection of resources for those interested in using ePortfolios in Education
- Edmodo (free) – makes it easy for teachers and students to stay connected and share information.
- Pinterest (free) – a virtual pinboard that lets you organise and share items of interest.
- Puppet Pals – can be used by children to create a story – look at: http://storyweb.edublogs.org/
- Story Web
- Storykit – can be used to write a story in Hebrew or English– see more…
- ComicBook! – Create comic strips
- xtranormal – create a cartoon
- Zimmer Twins – create a video
Give some a go! Please post any that you used on our Educators’ network.
I’m off to make a cartoon…